News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Niches: Unknown Powers, Artificially

Started by Blunderbus, May 13, 2020, 11:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Incendiary

Brad raises an Eyebrow, trying to see Patty's back.
Just another internet user and anime transbian catgirl cosplaying as Sakuya Izayoi for April. If you were looking for something interesting here, you've come to the wrong place.

My discord is Incendiary__ and you can join my server at https://discord.gg/k2ywUzBAED
My Twitch channl is available at https://twitch.tv/incendiaryoce

Blunderbus

"Well, it's a bit complicated, but-"
Arthur then sees Brad with a bunch of floating pebbles next to him.
"...okay, I'm guessing you couldn't levitate pebbles before today?"
join Fragmented Future to RIDE A TRAIN! WOOOOOOO YEAH, TRAINS, BABY!

Prism

I decide to go scope out this girl myself.
she/her | hyper-obsessed Pokémon fan | Necrozma and Zoroark my beloveds

join Fragmented Future to forget that fairy types are immune to dragon-type moves

Incendiary

"Yeah, it only happened today. I managed to levitate a stick." Brad demonstrates by building a small campfire with his telekinesis. It's messy, and kinda flat, but it works.
Just another internet user and anime transbian catgirl cosplaying as Sakuya Izayoi for April. If you were looking for something interesting here, you've come to the wrong place.

My discord is Incendiary__ and you can join my server at https://discord.gg/k2ywUzBAED

Blunderbus

"...Huh."
He turns back to Patty. "Well, this is kind of why I'm asking. It seems today a whole bunch of people started getting weird powers, myself included actually, and I thought that someone running around with claws might count as something like that."

Joyous Theta

Patty backs away when Brad tries to see behind her back. This floating pebble guy was too nosy to her liking, and now he was just psychically building a campfire. At this point in time, Patty desired nothing less than to get out of here as soon as possible. She couldn't just use her claws to murder them and get this over with, could she? She'd have to think of something... something...

"Huh, wow, really?" Patty says, "I got a power like that too. It's, uh... making... trees, appear out of thin air! I just put a tree behind you, as a matter of fact!"

"What the poop are you saying, Patty?" Patty thinks to herself.

"It's really hard to distinguish trees I created and trees that grew themself, but if you look real closely then you should be able to tell!"

Incendiary

Brad looks behind him. He sees the library clearly. "Yeah, sure. Listen, we should get out of town. I have a caravan, it's got room for 4 or 5 people"

Blunderbus

Arthur turns to Brad. "What? Why do you want us to go out of town with you? I don't even know your name!
...I mean, I don't know her name either, but the point still stands!"
He sighs, and turns back to Patty. "Well, sorry for bothering you while you were, uh, doing whatever it is you were doing. I guess I'll go ask around somewhere else," he said, before turning around and walking back towards the library.
That didn't go great... She was acting weirdly, though.

Wolfslime123

((Why would you even get out of town anyway?))
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Joyous Theta

Patty, seeing that one of the young men was walking away and the other seemed to be looking towards the library and not her, runs down the forest trail as fast as she can.

Wolfslime123

Name: Seram Arliek
Appearance: Black hair and eyes, white.
Personality: TBRP'D
Niches:
Sensory Deprivation- Can take away one of the 5 main senses of the target. At first, it only works on the sense of touch, causing a numbing feeling on a local area. This also blocks pain. Shortly after, the niche will be able to affect other senses. Then it will be able to affect specific areas, such as a part of the body, a part of vision, the ability to detect a specific smell or taste, or prevent the body from feeling. At its strongest, the niche will be able to remove 1 to all 5 senses.
Sensory Hijack- Can see through the senses of others. The targeted may feel a sense of being watched. The sense hijacked overwrites the user's sense, so the user cannot see out of both his own eyes and the target. At it's highest level the user might be able to see out of both and process the information seamlessly, or even hijack more than one person's senses
Other: None
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Incendiary

(Getting out of town would mean avoiding authorities and bystanders who would call the police, possibly the FBI.)

Seanbobe

Name: Luke
Appearance: Somewhat skinny with black hair. Has a glass eye replacing his left eye.
Personality: To be rped
Niches:
See Darkness: Luke can see through darkness. While using this ability, his right eye glows purple. Luke cannot see colors while using this ability.
Unerring Sight: Luke's glass eye allows him to see through illusions. While using this ability, his left eye glows white. Luke is temporarily blinded in his right eye while using this ability. Luke cannot tell if he is seeing through an illusion while using this ability.
Mental block: If Luke is conscious when someone uses a niche to directly target him, he can resist the effect of the niche. Doing this requires continued effort. (e.g. Luke can resist mind reading, but cannot resist a rock being thrown at him, since the niche would be targeting the rock, not Luke.)
Other: Luke's niches exhaust him to use for extended periods of time (More than a minute or two at a time).
My joke RPG: Instructions Unclear: The RPG of Memes
My serious RPG: Stop the Spambots!
My offline life: error 404

Blunderbus

Quote from: \//Name: Seram Arliek
Appearance: Black hair and eyes, white.
Personality: TBRP'D
Niches:
Sensory Deprivation- Can take away one of the 5 main senses of the target. At first, it only works on the sense of touch, causing a numbing feeling on the whole body. This also blocks pain. Shortly after, the niche will be able to affect other senses. Then it will be able to affect specific areas, such as a part of the body, a part of vision, the ability to detect a specific smell or taste, or a prevent a localized part of the body from feeling. At its strongest, the niche will be able to remove 1 to all 5 senses.
Sensory Hijack- Can see through the senses of others. The targeted may feel a sense of being watched. The sense hijacked overwrites the user's sense, so the user cannot see out of both his own eyes and the target. At it's highest level the user might be able to see out of both and process the information seamlessly, or even hijack more than one person's senses
Other: None
Quote from: seanbobeName: Luke
Appearance: Somewhat skinny with black hair. Has a glass eye replacing his left eye.
Personality: To be rped
Niches:
See Darkness: Luke can see through darkness. While using this ability, his right eye glows purple. Luke cannot see colors while using this ability.
Unerring Sight: Luke's glass eye allows him to see through illusions. While using this ability, his left eye glows white. Luke is temporarily blinded in his right eye while using this ability. Luke cannot tell if he is seeing through an illusion while using this ability.
Other: Luke's niches exhaust him to use for extended periods of time (More than a minute or two at a time).
Both accepted.

Wolfslime123

Seram had already reached home. He was bored, so he sent out a text to Arthur.
I'm bored, got any plans for the break I could join?
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Blunderbus

Arthur got the text from Seram. He wasn't quite sure how to reply to it... He didn't exactly have plans, but he was certainly doing something...
Not really but there's something weird that's been happening I want you to check out, can you meet me in front of the library?

Wolfslime123

Sure. Like I said, nothing to do.
Seram went to the library.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Blunderbus

Arthur saw Seram approaching the library, and waved at him.
"Hey! Seram!"

Wolfslime123

Seram waved back, and then closed the gap.

"Let's get a table."
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Blunderbus

"Can I show you something first?
...Okay, I'm going to look crazy for a second, but just bear with me."
Arthur lit a match again. This time, when he pointed at it, the flame bent to the side as well as growing.

Wolfslime123

"..."

"Cool! How are you doing that?" replied Seram, who thought this was a cool magic/science trick.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Blunderbus

"That's the thing. I have no idea. It just kind of happened today."

Wolfslime123

Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Blunderbus

"Yes. It should work with any match. It works with burning paper, at least."

Wolfslime123

"Okay give me one of those matches, you're messing with me."
Yours Truly,
\\/\/