News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Niches: Unknown Powers, Artificially

Started by Blunderbus, May 13, 2020, 11:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joyous Theta

Patty hears a bookshelf fall over and turns her head to the side to see that other girl she saw earlier knocking over said bookshelf. She looks down at her hands again and oh gosh it's still claws. Patty quickly gets up off the floor and attempts to hide her claws behind her back while sidestepping towards the exit.

Incendiary

Name: Brad
Appearance: Dark brown hair with blue eyes, 6 foot tall, scar from his left temple to halfway down his neck, blue shirt, black shorts and blue-and-orange shoes.
Personality: Very smart, knows his ways around the broader area without being seen. A great person in general, very good at leading teams. Often very cautious and carries hidden weapons for self defence. He whips out weapons at the slightest hint of trouble or suspicious noise.
Niches:
Telekinesis (phase 2): can move small objects well for up to 4 minutes and medium objects decently for up to 2 minutes. Can also crack things.
Fire manipulation (phase 1): can cause a flammable material to start smouldering by holding or touching it and eventually catch fire after 2 minutes, with a range of 30 metres (90 feet). Not always successful. Can control small to medium sized existing fires. Cannot float fires or remotely create them. Immune to the effects of fire and heat for up to 5 minutes. Excludes lava, so far.
Other: Due to his past, which involved a time where he felt insecure and lived in a potentially dangerous area, he owns an Assault Rifle and shotgun and has quite a lot of money. He moved here to continue life without the need to be evasive, stealthy or use his firearms but he does take them to the shooting range occasionally.
Just another internet user and anime transbian catgirl cosplaying as Sakuya Izayoi for April. If you were looking for something interesting here, you've come to the wrong place.

My discord is Incendiary__ and you can join my server at https://discord.gg/k2ywUzBAED
My Twitch channl is available at https://twitch.tv/incendiaryoce

Wolfslime123

Quote from: DeepFriedBaconName: Brad
Appearance: Dark brown hair with blue eyes, 6 foot tall, scar from his left temple to halfway down his neck, blue shirt, black shorts and blue-and-orange shoes.
Personality: Very smart, knows his ways around the broader area without being seen. A great person in general, very good at leading teams.
Niches: Telekinesis, the ability to move objects. As his power grows, he will be able to move larger objects and change their shape completely. If he can have two powers, the second one will be Fire Manipulation. He can create embers and small flames and control them and existing ones, but his power must grow further before he can make bigger flames. It will take a bit of time before he can use this ability at all.
Other: He knows about the telekinesis, if that is possible. If not, then he'll be unwary of it.
as far as I know, you can only have 1 niche. Consider some flaws? Is there a particular reason he picked up his knack for evading people?
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Incendiary

Quote from: \\/\/
Personality: Very smart, knows his ways around the broader area without being seen. A great person in general, very good at leading teams.
Niches: Telekinesis, the ability to move objects. As his power grows, he will be able to move larger objects and change their shape completely. If he can have two powers, the second one will be Fire Manipulation. He can create embers and small flames and control them and existing ones, but his power must grow further before he can make bigger flames. It will take a bit of time before he can use this ability at all.
Other: He knows about the telekinesis, if that is possible. If not, then he'll be unwary of it.
as far as I know, you can only have 1 niche. Consider some flaws? Is there a particular reason he picked up his knack for evading people?
He lived in a town where crime was common and security was a must, before moving here. Everyone there had firearms, and I forgot to mention he owns an AR and a shotgun. That's why Brad was such an evasive person. The flaws are that he cannot use telekinesis and Fire manipulation at the same time, and they both consume energy, although at the same rate regardless of usage.
Just another internet user and anime transbian catgirl cosplaying as Sakuya Izayoi for April. If you were looking for something interesting here, you've come to the wrong place.

My discord is Incendiary__ and you can join my server at https://discord.gg/k2ywUzBAED

Wolfslime123

Quote from: DeepFriedBacon
Quote from: DeepFriedBacon~Character sheet snipped~
He lived in a town where crime was common and security was a must, before moving here. Everyone there had firearms, and I forgot to mention he owns an AR and a shotgun. That's why Brad was such an evasive person. The flaws are that he cannot use telekinesis and Fire manipulation at the same time, and they both consume energy, although at the same rate regardless of usage.
You should update your sheet to match this new information. Also I meant a personality flaw. Not being able to use both niches would be a power limitation, which should be written in his Niches entry.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Incendiary

Quote from: DeepFriedBacon
Quote from: \\/\/as far as I know, you can only have 1 niche. Consider some flaws? Is there a particular reason he picked up his knack for evading people?
You should update your sheet to match this new information. Also I meant a personality flaw. Not being able to use both niches would be a power limitation, which should be written in his Niches entry.
Aah. Ok, I'll update it.

Blunderbus

Personality: Very smart, knows his ways around the broader area without being seen. A great person in general, very good at leading teams. Often very cautious and carries hidden weapons for self defence. He whips out weapons at the slightest hint of trouble or suspicious noise.
Other: He knows about the telekinesis, owns an Assault Rifle and shotgun and has quite a lot of money.
2 Niches is fine, but very few people have discovered their Niches yet, so he won't know about his telekinesis. You can have your characters know their Niches if they come in later, but not right now. Other than that, sure.
join Fragmented Future to RIDE A TRAIN! WOOOOOOO YEAH, TRAINS, BABY!

Blunderbus

Isaac started putting some chemicals into test tubes, while Arthur struck a match to light the Bunsen burner. However, he accidentally dropped it onto a sheet of paper, catching it on fire.
"That's not good," he said, as Isaac turned to look at him.
"I hope that paper wasn't important," he said, pointing at the burning paper, but as he said it, the fire seemed to flare up more than usual.
Isaac looked surprised. "Did you see that?"
"See what?"
"That paper... it looked like you pointed to it and the fire became stronger?"
Arthur laughed. "Right, because I can totally grow fire just by pointing at it."

Incendiary

Quote from: FlashFlire
Other: He knows about the telekinesis, owns an Assault Rifle and shotgun and has quite a lot of money.
2 Niches is fine, but very few people have discovered their Niches yet, so he won't know about his telekinesis. You can have your characters know their Niches if they come in later, but not right now. Other than that, sure.
Got it, thanks :)
Feel free to check out my new RP as well. It's a revive of one you were on years ago. The one by Terrariadude

Prism

I look around. The bookshelf is cracked, and I have a few scrapes. Several people have gathered. "Ummm... Nothing to see here!" I say, bolting out the door. Looking back, I see that the bookshelf is no longer cracked. I look at my arms, which seem to have healed "Coulda sworn I had scrapes earlier..." I think out loud

[For reference, I'm assuming a Niche user might use their Niche unconsciously when they don't know that it exists yet.]
she/her | hyper-obsessed Pokémon fan | Necrozma and Zoroark my beloveds

join Fragmented Future to forget that fairy types are immune to dragon-type moves

Incendiary

Brad is walking towards the shopping centre. He hasn't been in weeks, and his pantry is looking empty. Taking a sigh, he pulls a piece of gum out of his gum packet.

Blunderbus

"Hmm... Yeah, I might've been making that up."
"Here, let's try again," Arthur said, smiling, before lighting another match.
"Look, I'll point at it and nothing will-"
The match flared up, quite noticeably.
"...Excuse me?"

Joyous Theta

Patty decides to use the fact that people seemed to be distracted by the bookcase falling to quietly sneak off. As she does so, a man calls out to her "Hey, are you ok?"

"Uh, yeah, I'm fine," Patty says, "Nothing but one of those jumpscare websites." The man raises an eyebrow but says nothing. Patty heads towards the exit, hands still behind her back while still sidestepping. "Are you sure you're ok?" the man asks again, a few other people turning their attention to Patty's weird behavior at this point.

"Yeah really I'm fine, thank you for asking," Patty responds as she reaches the door. She awkwardly attempts to open the door backwards before leaving.

Incendiary

Brad enters the store and sees a man threatening a 14 year old boy with a knife, telling the teen to hand over his wallet and phone. Bystanders watch and slowly back away, while Brad sneaks up behind the man, ready to take him down.

Blunderbus

Arthur put out the match, and sat down, utterly confused.
"...You did see that, right?" he asked.
"Yep."
"...This makes no sense."
"...Yep."
He thought for a moment. "...I mean, I guess it could be kind of cool... I... can I come back to do this later? I still haven't quite processed what's happening."
"All right."
Arthur stood up, and was about to leave, before thinking of something. "...Can I borrow these matches?"
Isaac shrugged. "Sure, I guess."
"Thanks." He grabbed the box of matches and left, heading back home past the library.

Joyous Theta

Patty looks around outside and spots a path into the forest. Figuring that nobody would see her if she went down there, Patty begins awkwardly shuffling towards the path while continuing to hold her hands behind her back.

Incendiary

Brad throws the man to the ground, just before he was about to kill the teenage boy. The man falls unconscious to the ground, while the crowd of people cheer. Police come to asses the situation and allow everyone to leave with no questions asked. (That's a bit long)

Wolfslime123

[I'm making a minor character without a sheet.]

Officer Michael makes several people stay for questioning, in order to understand the situation better.

Brad is a key witness, having been involved in the incident.

"Can you describe what happened here to me?" he says to Brad, while is partner talks to the owner of the shop.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Blunderbus

Quote from: DeepFriedBaconwhile the crowd of people cheer. Police come to asses the situation and allow everyone to leave with no questions asked.
(i'm fine with you having a character who's strong but maybe tone it down a bit with things like that)

Incendiary

Quote from: FlashFlire
Quote from: DeepFriedBaconwhile the crowd of people cheer. Police come to asses the situation and allow everyone to leave with no questions asked.
(i'm fine with you having a character who's strong but maybe tone it down a bit with things like that)
Sure, I'll just go back to normal get-stuff-from-the-store stuff.

Prism

I finally get outside the library. That was weird, I think. All the broken stuff seemed to have fixed when I touched it. I wonder...
I grab a stick of the ground, and snap it in half. Putting the pieces near each other, I close my hand over the split. When I take it away, the stick is fused back together.
I drop the stick. So I can fix things by touching them?

join Fragmented Future to forget that fairy types are immune to dragon-type moves

Blunderbus

As Arthur approached the library, he heard a snap. Looking in the direction it came from, he saw a teenage girl dropping a very much intact stick.
Normally he wouldn't think anything of this, but given the weirdness that he just experienced, he was a little on edge. He stopped and stared at the stick for quite a while, thinking.

Joyous Theta

Patty continues to awkwardly shuffle, noticing that girl who knocked down the bookshelf from earlier, messing with sticks apparently? It looked like somebody else was watching her, some young man she think she saw when entering the library? Patty wasn't real sure on that. Regardless though, Patty continued to awkwardly shuffle towards the path into the forest.

Prism

I try to contemplate what just happened. I pick the stick back up. I crack the stick. I touch the stick. I fix the stick. This is all too confusing for me. I'm feeling dizzy by now.

Blunderbus

Now Arthur's completely sure of what just happened. So it's not just me who can suddenly do something weird?
He walks towards the girl, and tries to get her attention. "Um, excuse me?"